There is a popular trend today towards keeping fit and at the same time looking after the environment. Folding Bicycles are an ideal way of achieving both these ideals especially if you are commuting to work on a daily basis. This means that you can conveniently fold your bicycle and put it in the boot of your car, drive for part of the way to work and then park up and finish the journey on your bicycle.
This means of commuting into large cities is great because not only do you become fitter but you also reduce your carbon foot print not to mention the frustration of being stuck in slow moving traffic. You then get out your folding bicycle from the boot of the car, unfurl it and you are ready to go. Very often you will find that you are moving faster than the motor vehicles since they will be trapped in a traffic jam or just creeping along in a queue of slow moving traffic.
Here is a brief look at 10 makes of folding bicycles:
1. Karbon Kinetics Gocycle: it looks good and is a fun ride. Quite an attention seeker, if you don’t mind others constantly looking at you then this is the bike for you.
2. Brompton S2L is light and highly practical. It can be folded very quickly and is strong and durable.
3. Fisher Outdoor Leisure Kansi 3 twenty: The 3twenty is easy to maintain and is a great buy. If offers a great buy because it is easy to handle and to keep on the road, because of the strong quality components.
4. Dahon Cadenza Solo. This is a simple bicycle which is easy to ride and to maintain. It easily negotiates the city streets and is a nimble yet reliable bicycle.
5. The Brompton S6L-X is not necessarily suited for all-day cross country riding. However, it will effortlessly do your everyday commuting for you without complaint. It is easy and quick to fold.
6. Bike Friday Tikit. You can’t get it simpler than the Tikit. It is responsive yet simple to fold and unfold.
7. Dahon Vitesse P18: The Dahon Vitesse P18 is fitted with 18 gears, most unusual when you think of folding bikes. It is tough and versatile and handles well.
8. Dawes Cycles Ace is a practical, good all-rounder. The ride is steady and assured and it has a rack and a kick stand, both useful additions to this versatile bike.
9. The Brompton M6RX is a pleasure to ride. It is one of the latest of Brompton’s line of folding bikes.
10. Airnimal Chameleon Ultra folds well. In fact, it folds in 30 second and is small enough to fit in the boot of your car. A practical everyday folding bicycle.
Cycling is not only good for our health; it can help to reduce the use of motor vehicles, thus reducing adverse effects on our environment. It’s a great way to get around today in our crowded cities.
For information on a folding bike click here.